Accounting Services From the East to the South Bay Area
If your company is not currently outsourcing your accounting function, you may be missing out on a key advantage that all successful businesses employ every day: the ability to reduce costs, improve efficiencies and partner with a group of experts who can help you find new ways to grow your company. Did you know that 35% of America's largest businesses outsource their accounting needs? And when it comes to small business, the number is much greater.
Outsourcing accounting saves payroll, overhead costs and frees up your valuable time so you can remain focuses on core business activities. KPMG, in their "Strategic Evolution" study reported that:
- 42% of companies polled believed that outsourcing improved their financial performance
- 27% indicated that they could compete more effectively
From start-ups to established enterprises, businesses rely on accurate, timely and insightful financial information in order to maintain profitability and capitalize on new opportunities. The Accounting Experts accounting services steer you closer to these goals with accurate record-keeping and reporting as well as support on financial issues such as initial accounting system setup, cost-containment, tax planning, investments, and rightsizing strategies.
As a business owner or business executive you have more important things to do than to keep your own books. We take care of your books for you, so you can get back to the job of running your business and generating profits! What can we handle for you? A wide range of accounting and financial tasks including:
- Accounts Receivable & Accounts Payable Maintenance
- Bank Reconciliations
- General Ledger Reconciliations
- Month End Close
- Monthly Financial Reports
- Profit Analysis
- Fixed Assets and Depreciation
- Cash Flow Management
If you require accountant advisory services and are located in the Walnut Creek/East Bay Area, we want to talk to you. We also serve clients in the South San Francisco Bay Area. Our accountant firm is ready to help where we can.
Our packages include your own specialized accounting team personally assigned to your company. We call them your "A-Team" and include:
- Accounting Clerk
- Staff Accountant
- Chief Financial Officer (for packages Visionary and up)
Your A-Team will provide the following services on a monthly basis:
- Record all Accounts Receivable transactions
- Record all Accounts Payable transactions
- Monthly journal entries
- All reconciliations of your bank and balance sheet accounts
- Financial Statements (Income Statement, Balance Sheet and Cash flow Statement)
Reconciling your business checking account each month allows us to keep your bank account, accounting, and taxes up-to-date. Having us reconcile your account each month allows you to...
- Identify lost checks, lost deposits and unauthorized wire transactions.
- Detect and prevent excess/unjustified bank charges and ensures transactions are posted correctly by your bank.
- Detect and prevent embezzlement of funds from within your company.
- Know how your business is doing. You can't really know unless all accounts are reconciled and properly accounted for on your financial statement.
- Manage your cash more effectively. Proper management of funds not only saves money, it makes money for you
- Protect yourself. By timely reconciling and promptly objecting to your bank about any unauthorized, fraudulent or forged checks presented to your bank and paid by that bank, you can relieve your agency of responsibility for the shortfall and transfer the risk to the bank. This reason to reconcile alone should be enough. Crime exists.
- Sleep Better. You will sleep more peacefully at night knowing your bank accounts are reconciled, in balance and that all escrow funds, accounts, checks and disbursed funds are properly accounted for.
An income statement, otherwise known as a profit and loss statement, basically adds an itemized list of all your revenues and subtracts an itemized list of all your expenses to come up with a profit or loss for the period. An income statement allows you to...
- Track revenues and expenses so that you can determine the operating performance of your business.
- Determine what areas of your business are over-budget or under-budget.
- Identify specific items that are causing unexpected expenditures. For example, phone, fax, mail, or supply expenses.
- Track dramatic increases in product returns or cost of goods sold as a percentage of sales.
- Determine your income tax liability.
A balance sheet gives you a snapshot of your business' financial condition at a specific moment in time. A balance sheet helps you...
- Quickly get a handle on the financial strength and capabilities of your business.
- Identify and analyze trends, particularly in the area of receivables and payables. For example, if your receivables cycle is lengthening, maybe you can collect your receivables more aggressively.
- Determine if your business is in a position to expand.
- Determine if your business can easily handle the normal financial ebbs and flows of revenues and expenses
- Determine if you need to take immediate steps to bolster cash reserves
- Determine if your business has been slowing down payables to forestall an inevitable cash shortage
Balance sheets, along with income statements, are the most basic elements in providing financial reporting to potential lenders such as banks, investors, and vendors who are considering how much credit to grant you.
Maintaining a Clean General Ledger
The general ledger is the core of your company's financial records. These records constitute the central "books" of your system. Since every transaction flows through the general ledger, a problem with your general ledger throws off all your books. Having us review your general ledger system each month allows us to hunt down any discrepancies such as double billings or any unrecorded payments. Then we'll fix the discrepancies so your books are always accurate and kept in tiptop shape.
We are always available to spend time with you so you fully understand how to interpret and utilize the financial information we provide. Our consultations are already included in our fees, so please feel free to contact us whenever you have a question or concern.
Looking for a quality accounting service? Have questions regarding your specific accounting needs or the impact of a certain financial situation? We invite you to contact us anytime for a Free Consultation.
Ready to find out more? Take a look at our comprehensive accounting services and client success stories. Need assistance with tax processes and financial decision-making? Be sure to review our free tools, which include downloadable tax forms and publications, financial calculators, news and links to other useful sites.
And be sure to download our free E-book, "The 10 Rules of Smart Small Business Accounting"